In 2016 I had the opportunity to be my sorority’s recruitment chair. It was a big responsibility: communicating with interested girls, planning the recruitment week events, sticking to a budget, and lots and lots of crafting. Some parts were more enjoyable than others and this is a quick project that I did to have something cute for table decor. Adding Greek letters and flowers to these mason jars didn’t take long to do.
- 3 mason jars
- Black spray paint
- Gold paint pen
- Fake flowers to place inside
- I took the mason jars outside, set them inside a cardboard box, and spray painted them. I used black matte spray paint that is sold at Walmart for $1.
- After the first coat dried I sprayed the trouble spots a second time and left them to dry overnight.
- The next day I took the jars and the gold paint pen and drew our Greek letters. I didn’t map them out, so they’re definitely not perfect. I used a CraftSmart brand paint pen from Michaels.
- The final step was to place the flowers inside. I bought these at Michaels also, there’s only one stem in each jar.
This quick project added a lot of charm and decor to our tables for the year that I was recruitment chair and have continued to be used since. Of course this project doesn’t have to use Greek letters, but could also spell out words like a last name, month, or season. Have you done something similar? Drop a picture in the comments below!
As always, happy crafting!