It’s halfway through October and that means fall is in full swing and Halloween is quickly approaching. I visited Michael’s and found some cute Halloween crafting surfaces. I chose to purchase a little wooden candy corn piece to put onto a canvas. Then after searching Pinterest for a cute Halloween saying I settled on “trick or treat yo’ self.”
- 8″x10″ canvas
- Acrylic paints
- Paint brush and foam brush
- Candy corn piece from Michaels
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
What I did:
- Using a foam brush cover the entire canvas in purple paint. I used three coats.
- Use a paint brush and gold paint to paint the words. I had to go over the words multiple times because of my thin brush and paint.
- When all of this was dry use the hot glue gun to spread glue on the back of the candy corn and place it on the canvas. Ta da!
This was a quick project that is brightening up the apartment kitchen. All in I spent under $3, because I already had the paint and brushes. I also think that the bright purple color worked great for Halloween. Have you made some Halloween projects? Post pics in the comments below!