This semester I helped some of my sorority sisters out who were getting littles. I asked for the new littles favorite colors and used those colors in the canvas for them. Once completed I gave the canvases to the new bigs to incorporate in what else they gave to their littles. I received inspiration from this pin (which only led to the pic, so if it’s yours let me know).
- 8″ x 10″ canvases
- Acrylic paints
- Paint pens
- Foam and paint brushes
What I did:
- Painted the background color of the canvases, navy for one and yellow for the other.
- Traced a circle in the middle using a bowl from my kitchen cabinet, then filled the circle with that color, either white or teal. Both colors needed multiple coats to hide the base color completely.
- Added the small dots with paint pen.
- Left them alone for a little while so that the middle was completely dry, then wrote the delta in lower case script using paint pen.
- Finally wrote alpha and chi in print upper case letters.
Hope this gave some of you a little inspiration! These canvases may become my go to sorority sister gift. Have you done a similar project? Show me below!